Individualized Study, BIS/Telecommunications, Accelerated MS

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionPDF versionPDF version

Highly-qualified students in the Information Technology, BS have the oprtion of obtaining an accelerated Telecommunications, MS. Students in an accelerated degree program must fulfill all university requirements for the master's degree. For more detailed information, see AP.6.7 Bachelor's/Accelerated Master's Degrees. For policies governing all graduate degrees, see the Academic Policies section of the catalog.
Admission Requirements
Students in the Individualized Study, BIS, program may apply for this option if they have earned 90 undergraduate credits (including 15 Mason resident credits) with an overall GPA of at least 3.25. Criteria for admission are identical to criteria for admission to the Telecommunications, MS program.
Acceleratred Option Requirements
Students must complete all requirements for the BS and MS programs, with 6 credits overlap.
Students select TCOM courses from the list below to meet the requirements of the accelerated program. Six credits of TCOM courses will be applied to meet the requirements of both the BIS and MS TCOM programs. An additional three credits of TCOM courses is required for the BIS Individualized Concentration (IND) with emphasis on telecommunication. Note that accelerated students can only take the courses in the list below if they passed the listed prerequisite course with a B or higher.
BIS Concentration: 34-46 credits
Students who are pursuing the Individualized Study, BIS, Individualized concentration (IND) with an emphasis on telecommunications must take:

*Required to reach the necessary number of credits for the BIS Individualized concentration.
Telecommunications Courses:

Accelerated students who have passed IT 341 with a grade of B or higher will not be required to take TCOM 530 in the Telecommunication, MS core. Other TCOM courses may be approved on a case-by-case basis.
See each course for individual prerequisite requirements.
Degree Conferral
Students must apply the semester before they expect to complete the BS requirements to have the BS degree conferred. In addition, at the beginning of the student's final undergraduate semester, students must complete a Bachelor's/Accelerated Master's Transistion form that is submitted to the Office of the University Registrar and the VSE Graduate Admissions Office. At the completion of MS requirements, a master's degree is conferred.

Recent comments